To set up Exchange:
On the iPhone, tap the Settings icon
Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars option. Tap Add Account then Microsoft Exchange
The Exchange setup screen will open. Enter the following information:
- Email—Enter your entire email address (e.g., email@example.com), using all lowercase letters.
- Domain—Enter the Domain addressfrom the Setting Up ActiveSync
- Username—Enter the User name(e.g., myname_mydomain.com) from the Setting Up ActiveSync The User name is different from the email address.
- Password—Enter the password for your email account.
- Description—Enter a descriptive name for your account (e.g., My Work Account). This description will be visible only to you.
Tap the Next button and the device will attempt to verify the account. You may receive an “Unable to Verify Certificate message.” Tap the Accept
The device will continue verifying the account. Once complete, tap the Server field, and enter the Server address from the Setting Up ActiveSync
Tap the Next button and the device will try to create a secure (SSL) connection to your Exchange server. If it cannot do this, it will try a non-SSL connection. If it asks for confirmation, tap Yes to continue
Tap the ON/OFF buttons to select the information types to synchronize with Exchange and Tap the Done
Note: In order for contacts to sync from the device to the server you will have to change the default account for settings to “Exchange” rather than “On my iPhone.”
Settings > Mail, Calendar, Contacts > Select the Exchange Account > Scroll down to contacts > Default Account > Change to Exchange.